LIBYA UPDATE ON THE WAR SEPTEMBER 14

BENGHAZI, Sept 14 (Reuters) – Libya’s interim government said on Wednesday it would not move to Tripoli until the country is fully “liberated”, contradicting a pledge to do so by the end of this week.

The National Transitional Council said last month it would set up an administration in Tripoli as part of plans to build up democratic institutions and move towards holding elections.

“We will stay in Benghazi until the liberation of Libyan cities and then, after, we will make an announcement and move to Tripoli,” NTC vice chairman and spokesman, Abdel Hafiz Ghoga, told Reuters.

NTC forces are massed outside three main last bastions of support for Gaddafi — Bani Walid, 180 km (110 miles) south of Tripoli, Gaddafi’s hometown of Sirte on the Mediterranean coast and Sabha, deep in the southern desert.

Fighters loyal to Gaddafi in Bani Walid are putting up stiffer resistance than expected and pro-Gaddafi forces this week attacked an oil refinery near Sirte.

http://af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/idAFL5E7KE4KO20110914

(source: Leonor )

thomasmantell

Advertisements

About counterpsyops

A new hole in the propaganda matrix View all posts by counterpsyops

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: